Saturday, November 6, 2010

I gotta go....no, I don't...yes, I do...

Lil' Shrimp's itching for a name change these days.  Sara came home from work one day and regaled me with the tale of how the baby had been kicking her bladder all day long at work.  One minute she's fine and the next she's ready to explode, then back to fine.  I try not to laugh about it (at least not to her face.)

Apparently, her bladder has become the baby's favorite punching bag.  It's been pretty much constant since then.  A good push or punch, then wait a couple minutes and do it all over again.

We're just getting into week 24, so the next 4 weeks mark the time when babies are usually most active.  I guess it's because there's still room enough for them to move around in there.  Of course, Lil' Shrimp (or is is Baby Bladder Blaster) is on to me.  Sara will tell me when there's kicking and spinning going on, and by the time I get my hand down there to feel it, Lil' Shrimp stops.  Must be a boy...already challenging dad :)

It's been over a month since we had the ultrasound and it's hard to believe the anxiety we went through deciding whether or not to find out the baby's sex.  Now that the decision is a month behind us, not knowing doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Statistically speak, Lil' Shrimp should be about 9 inches (head to rump) and about a pound and a half.  Still a lot of growing to do, but we're well on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Comments must be approved before they are posted. I try to approve comments several times throughout the day.

Thanks,
Chad